Monday, September 29, 2008

Type Face..

Here are five type faces that I truly enjoy or truly do not enjoy:

1. Rockwell. I think that Rockwell is a great type face to use for research papers and other such documents that are read on a daily basis. It is a very plane type face that is easier to read because it doesn't draw too much attention to the actual letters, but the the words and sentences themselves.

2. Ariel. This type face is very similar to Rockwell in that it is easy to read and doesn't draw too much attention to the individual letters.

3. Myriad.This is another typeface that is just like all the other typefaces out there that are used for word documents and research papers. This type face is not my absolute favorite though.

4. Bleeding Cowboys. This was the one typeface that I could remember that was just a plane basic type face like all the others I chose. It's very intricate and attention grabbing. It is a great type face for catching someone's eye and relaying a brief, to-the-point message. It is not, however, a good type face to use when writing long documents. Because it would hurt your eyes. This typeface has a lot of decorative lines coming off of all the upper-case letters. They are unnecessary for reading the type face, but they do help grab the attention of the reader.

5. Helvetica. Yet another boring typeface.. This is another one of those type faces that I just chose because I could remember how to spell it. But it is my number one choice of type face when it comes to typing up papers and sending emails!

The world of type face is still fairly new to me. Despite the fact that I have been using type faces my whole life, I have never really thought in detail about what all "type face" entails. But I look forward to becoming more familiar with many different typefaces and even creating my own...

No comments: